SCSI Disks

A James Lewis james at vrtx.net
Thu Dec 25 11:45:19 PST 1997

I dont know of any problems specifically with those drives, however
micr[ao]polis (IMHO) went out of business for a reason, I have had so many
of their drives fail that I would never buy one again.... However I
understand that there was a particular period where their drives were very
bad and that drive sounds older than that.... Newer ones should have been
better too..... Anyone else had a 4221 fail...

Mine was so bad that under examination the platters could be moved in
directions other than round!!!!!

On Thu, 25 Dec 1997, Brian Ristuccia wrote:

> I know this is sorta off topic, but a vendor has Micropolis 1991 9.0 gb
> SCSI-2 5.25" hard disks for <$400. Page says these are remans (re
> manufactured). Anyone know of any obvious problems with these drives,
> functionality or lack thereof with my aic7xxx and linux? (I have a 2940
> ultra)
>
> Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> -Brian Ristuccia
>  brianr at osiris.ml.org
>  bristucc at baynetworks.com
>  bristucc at cs.uml.edu

James (james at linuxrocks.co.uk)
Vortex Internet
"We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
	- Quote attributed to Linus Torvalds