SCSI Disks

Brian Ristuccia brianr at osiris.ml.org
Thu Dec 25 12:41:14 PST 1997

On Thu, 25 Dec 1997, Mike Bilow wrote:

> The good news: Micropolis 1991 have, in my experience, been very good drives.
>
> The bad news: Micropolis is in liquidation, and remanufactured drives have, in
> my experience, proven to be very unreliable.
>
> I might consider this a good deal *if* I was running a system that was not
> mission critical and I made really frequent backups.  Your odds are better than
> playing the lottery, but that's not saying much.

It's actually for my home machine.. It's going to be replacing a Maxtor
and a WD IDE disk (which I'll probably put in other machines). I've come
to the conclusion that _anything_ is more reliable than IDE, but I'm not
really sure about this drive. I don't have a tape drive, and I can't
afford one.

There's a 90 day warranty on it. (from the reseller, I think). If anyone
can shed some more light on this, I'd appreciate it.

-Brian Ristuccia
 brianr at osiris.ml.org
 bristucc at baynetworks.com
 bristucc at cs.uml.edu