AHA-2940AU/AHA-2940UW and scsi0/scsi1

Martin Høy gunde at pvv.ntnu.no
Fri Dec 5 11:31:09 PST 1997

I have a pc with both an AHA-2940AU and an AHA-2940UW. They both get
detected by the aic7xxx-driver, but the problem is that the narrow
controller (AU) shows up as scsi0, while I want the wide controller to
be scsi0. The AU controller has pci-id 13 while the UW has 11. I have
tried changing them around, but it didn't make any difference.

The narrow controller is connected to an external cabinet containing
two disks, a tape streamer and a cd-writer. This cabinet is supposed
to be moved around, while the two internal wide-disks are
stationary. That's why I want the two wide-disks to be sda and sdb.

As far as I know, all devices on scsi0 comes before any devices on
scsi1. Does anyone know how to change the order of the two cards? I
suppose I have to give some boot-time options or even modify the
driver?

Any input is appreciated,

Martin
--
"The system required Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux"

Mail: gunde at pvv.ntnu.no
Web: http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~gunde/