netgraph only on i386/ia64 - why ?

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Thu Aug 19 18:15:13 PDT 2004

John Polstra wrote:

>I dropped scottl and re from the cc list, since they're busy and asked
>us to work it out on our own.
>
>On 20-Aug-2004 Julian Elischer wrote:
>

>>Ok so what is the next number that should be used?
>>it's currently  #define __FreeBSD_version 600000
>>
>>600001?
>>

>Yes, that would be the next number.  I question whether
>__FreeBSD_version needs to be bumped at all, though, since the
>change is already reflected in NG_VERSION and NG_ABI_VERSION.  Any
>port that uses netgraph would be compiled against the header files
>on the system, so I can't see how it would be useful to change
>__FreeBSD_version for this.  (Not that I feel very strongly about it.)

I sort of agree..
We protect ourselves.. we needn't bump the FreeBSD version I don't think..
If you have a good reason for it I'll do it but I don't think it is
required.. No port will be compiled
with different options because of this..
I mean  5.3 and 6.0 will already have a netgraph recompile required..