Re: libinput recognizies my keyboard, but not its arrow keys

From: Michael Gmelin <freebsd_at_grem.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:55:06 UTC

> On 29. Jan 2024, at 20:46, William Bulley <web@umich.edu> wrote:
>
> According to Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de> on Mon, 01/29/24 at 14:17:
>>
>> Could you try these commands in xterm and see if any of them
>> helps:
>>
>>    setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout us
>>
>> if it does not work, try:
>>
>>    setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout us
>>
>> if it does not work, try:
>>
>>    setxkbmap -model hhk -layout us
>
> Thanks for your reply and suggestions.
>
> I tried those in that order, each time shutting down my x11 session
> and starting it up again.

Did you try if it works directly after running each of the commands or did you restart x11?  These settings change the running x11 session and take immediate effect, restating x11 will start with your defaults and is not required for this test.

If this doesn’t help, I would suggest to start without any specific xorg.conf file(a) (just move it out of the way) and see if the defaults (in combination with one of setxkbmap commands) does the trick.

Sharing you xorg log won’t hurt either.

-m