Re: libinput recognizies my keyboard, but not its arrow keys

From: William Bulley <web_at_umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:46:02 UTC
According to Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de> on Mon, 01/29/24 at 14:17:

> Could you try these commands in xterm and see if any of them
> helps:
>
>     setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout us
>
> if it does not work, try:
>
>     setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout us
>
> if it does not work, try:
>
>     setxkbmap -model hhk -layout us

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I tried those in that order, each time shutting down my x11 session
and starting it up again.  No difference, sorry, but my arrow keys
still are not functioning.

BTW, those suggestions about do not explain why this same keyboard
works just find on a different, slightly older system (13.2 vs 14.0)
where my arrow keys work just fine (plus the ports tree on both
systems have been updated to the same -- up-to-date -- level).

I tried these things before sending my email asking for help:

1) I removed the 'Driver  "libinput"' line, keyboard failed to work

2) I replaced "Keyboard0" with "KeyboardDefaults", ditto

3) I replaced the 'Driver  "libinput"' with 'Driver  "kbd"', ditto

Any other ideas?

--
William Bulley
E-MAIL: web@umich.edu