[REVIEW REQUEST]: New chapter on MAC (draft)

Wade Klaver archeron at wavefire.com
Mon May 31 19:36:25 GMT 2004

Hello,
  Just a thought, but as an example, (perhaps an intro to the httpd example) a
walkthrough to minimalist, default-allow multilabel setup could be useful.  I
could easily have screwed up, but after following the current "Implementing a
Secure Environment with MAC" article, I ended up with a machine that could
not boot due to an inability to mount /usr.  A default-allow (if such a thing
even makes sense) could allow experimenting users to start with a relatively
unconstrained system and add restriction as warrented or as they become more
comfortable with the system administration overhead of operating in a
multilabel environment.
  Another suggestion, although it may be deemed tacky, is a "Suggested
Reading" page that could list paper and web resources with relevant
background information for both Trusted BSD and trusted environments in
general.
  -Wade

--
Wade Klaver