Questions about Trusted BSD

Mark Stanislav mstanisl at emich.edu
Mon May 3 23:59:07 GMT 2004

I have recently started to implement features available in FreeBSD 5.x on
a development box, in preperation for usage on a production system. So far
the features have been very interesting but I had a couple questions.

I am wondering if by using 5.2.1-RELEASE-p5, I am using the most up-to-date
versions of the MAC_ implementations. I don't want to miss out of any
testing features
if they are available.

Also, is it possible/being implemented/decided against to have the
ability to specify an
IP address with a portacl entry? In the environment I will be deploying
in, we have lengthy
amounts of IPs, users, and ports that people use. It would behoove me if
I was able to say,
'User test, 172.16.100.4, port 36', and then 'User test2, 172.16.100.5,
port 36'. I don't want to
allow both users to the same port without specific IPs, so they don't
overlap and take someone
elses IP binding.

Anyone other then bugghy have documentation they have created? (good job
by the way, nicely
done).

Best Regards,

-Mark