mac_check_vnode_setflags() bug?

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 5 20:34:07 GMT 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, mike halderman wrote:

> Looks like mac_check_vnode_setflags() is called with the flags from an
> uninitialized struct vattr.  Wouldn't it make more sense to pass the
> flags that are to be set on the vnode?  Maybe this is just a typo.

Looks like a typo -- not sure if it was alwas present, or introduced
later.  In any case, I've submitted a fix to the MAC perforce repository,
and will merge the fix to the main tree later.  One thing we need is a
more broad suite of regression tests.  to determine that we're catching
all these cases and that the arguments are being properly passed.

Thanks!

robert at fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories