panics :( Re: fresh mac code report

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Fri Jan 25 19:53:26 GMT 2002

At 11:03 2002-01-25 -0500, you (Robert Watson) wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Ilmar S. Habibulin wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Robert Watson wrote:
[...
>...]stuff is not in its final form, but you should no longer get panics when
>sending UDP packets to non-open ports.

Mention of panics makes me wonder what kind of policy you anticipate
for repairing a system after a real crash, and whether that is hardcoded
or data driven. Chicken/egg? Presumably you are keeping inevitable repair
processes in mind as you define persistent data structures and what to do
in what order during boot?

NRNTR (No Real Need To Reply) since I am just lurking ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter