fresh mac code report

Ilmar S. Habibulin ilmar at watson.org
Fri Jan 25 07:57:52 GMT 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Brian F. Feldman wrote:

> > Yes, i understand that. But you are talking about "making mtree files by
> > hands" case. But i want to find some solution, that would help to do such
> > thing automatically. I think, that adding some command switch like
> > '-<switch> get-command set-command' is what we need. Maybe use of multiple
> > switches for a set of commands is possible.
> I'm largely skeptical about whether that would be a very clean solution.
> Multiple switches would be possible, but you would have to assume they all
> to set) to be able to really get any use without greatly complicating the
> invocation and implementation, don't you think?
No, i disagree. look at getfacl/setfacl, getfcap/setfcap utilities. You
have to use some switches to make these commands to do right things.
That's why i'm proposing this solution. Also i think, that will help to
get rid of different MD5, SHA1 and RMD160 keys/keywords. Specify some
special command as 'set-command' and mtree would not try to set checksums.
;-)