linux port of /dev/audit

Dominik Kubla dominik.kubla at uni-mainz.de
Mon May 22 14:07:17 GMT 2000

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 02:46:12PM +0200, Beat Christen wrote:

> Hi BSD people.
>
> I will be working on a /dev/audit port for the linux kernel as part of my
> masters thesis. To reduce double work, I'll try to stay compatible with
> the TrustedBSD /dev/audit binary format.
> Is there already a document on what this will look like, besides the
> source?

Hold your horses: the folks at SGI (Linda Walsh and others) are already
working on an audit subsystem for Linux.  You might want to get in touch
with them first to avoid duplicate efforts...

Also check the linux-kernel archives, because there was a whole lot of
discussion going on recently.

Dominik Kubla
--
  Networking Group,  Hospital of Johannes Gutenberg-University
  Obere Zahlbacher Straße 69, 55101 Mainz, Germany
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at trustedbsd.org