svn commit: r264345 - in head: . contrib/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Driver
dim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 11 16:51:36 UTC 2014
Date: Fri Apr 11 16:51:35 2014
New Revision: 264345
Amend r263891, by making clang default to DWARF2 debug info format for
all FreeBSD versions, not just 10.x and earlier. Apparently too many
people seem to have trouble with post-1993 formats.
Also remove the related notes about messing with kernel configuration
files from UPDATING, which are now superfluous.
Requested by: many
MFC after: 3 days
--- head/UPDATING Fri Apr 11 14:11:55 2014 (r264344)
+++ head/UPDATING Fri Apr 11 16:51:35 2014 (r264345)
@@ -45,13 +45,6 @@ NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT FreeBSD 11
preserve the previous behaviour. E.g:
ttyu0 "/usr/libexec/getty 3wire" vt100 on secure
- It is no longer necessary to include the dwarf version in your DEBUG
- options in your kernel config file. The bug that required it to be
- placed in the config file has bene fixed. DEBUG should now just
- contain -g. The build system will automatically update things
- to do the right thing. Ignore the entry from 20140216.
Support for libwrap (TCP wrappers) in rpcbind was disabled by default
to improve performance. To re-enable it, if needed, run rpcbind
@@ -67,17 +60,6 @@ NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT FreeBSD 11
Clang and llvm have been upgraded to 3.4 release.
- Please note that clang 3.4 now defaults to DWARF4 debug information
- format when you specify -g. Since kgdb(1) only supports DWARF2, you
- should update any customized kernel configurations which include debug
- information to explicitly use -gdwarf-2, e.g:
- makeoptions DEBUG=-gdwarf-2
- This has already been applied to the appropriate GENERIC configuration
- files, so if you inherit from those, no changes are required.
- Please note: this bug has been fixed, please see 20140325.
The nve(4) driver has been removed. Please use the nfe(4) driver
for NVIDIA nForce MCP Ethernet adapters instead.
--- head/contrib/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp Fri Apr 11 14:11:55 2014 (r264344)
+++ head/contrib/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp Fri Apr 11 16:51:35 2014 (r264345)
@@ -2635,10 +2635,9 @@ void Clang::ConstructJob(Compilation &C,
else if (!A->getOption().matches(options::OPT_g0) &&
- // Default is dwarf-2 for darwin and FreeBSD <= 10.
+ // Default is dwarf-2 for darwin and FreeBSD.
const llvm::Triple &Triple = getToolChain().getTriple();
- if (Triple.isOSDarwin() || (Triple.getOS() == llvm::Triple::FreeBSD &&
- Triple.getOSMajorVersion() <= 10))
+ if (Triple.isOSDarwin() || Triple.getOS() == llvm::Triple::FreeBSD)
More information about the svn-src-head