svn commit: r48767 - head/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs/news/status
wblock at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 2 02:08:31 UTC 2016
Date: Mon May 2 02:08:29 2016
New Revision: 48767
Clarify the README somewhat.
--- head/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs/news/status/README Mon May 2 02:06:09 2016 (r48766)
+++ head/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs/news/status/README Mon May 2 02:08:29 2016 (r48767)
@@ -181,19 +181,43 @@ Report//EN"
But should be usually the last step in the process; a good introduction
can be only written once the report is considered finished.
-6) Sending it out:
- - After a few days, collate and commit the changes. Also update the
- next due date in status.xml and link to the new report.
- - Add a news entry to head/share/xml/news.xml. Template:
- <title>June-October 2006 Status Report</title>
+ - wblock suggests that we ask different people to write introductions to
+ add variety. Different people will bring different viewpoints and help
+ keep it fresh.
+6) Committing it:
+ - Files to edit and commit:
+ In doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs/news/status/ :
+ The quarterly report itself:
+ Update the next due date on the status report page and
+ add a link to the new report below that:
+ In doc/share/xml/ :
+ The news entry for the main website page:
+ <title>June-October 2006 Status Report</title>
- href="&enbase;/news/status/report-2006-06-2006-10.html">June to October 2006 Status Report</a>
- is now available with 49 entries.</p>
+ href="&enbase;/news/status/report-2006-06-2006-10.html">June to October 2006 Status Report</a>
+ is now available with 49 entries.</p>
- Extract a text version with the command
- lynx -dump -nolist report.html > report.txt and prettify it.
+ /usr/local/bin/lynx -dump -nolist ./report-yyyy-mm-yyyy-mm.html \
+ | /usr/bin/iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF-8 \
+ | sed -e 's%Napieral/a%Napierała%g' > report.txt
+ and prettify it.
lynx defaults to a width of 80 and will forcibly wrap URLs to fit
within that size. The prettification process includes undoing that
wrapping of URLS, and also fixing any cases where the name and email
@@ -202,8 +226,17 @@ Report//EN"
as the U+0142 LATIN SMALL LETTER L WITH STROKE found in trasz's
surname), instead using an ASCII transliteration; these should be
returned to the UTF-8 form.
- - Send out To: hackers, CC: current, stable, BCC: developers. New email
- to: announce at . This last one needs to be approved, so find someone
- (mail postmaster) who can do that before you start.
+ - Send out
+ To: announce@
+ This one must be approved, so find someone (mail postmaster) who can do
+ that before starting.
+ Send a separate mail:
+ To: hackers
+ CC: current, stable
+ BCC: developers
More information about the svn-doc-all