svn commit: r45935 - head/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/dev-model
jgh at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 5 17:08:05 UTC 2014
Date: Wed Nov 5 17:08:03 2014
New Revision: 45935
- remove deprecated GNATS references
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1059
Reviewed by: remko, wblock (mentors)
Approved by: wblock (mentor)
--- head/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/dev-model/book.xml Wed Nov 5 17:00:24 2014 (r45934)
+++ head/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/dev-model/book.xml Wed Nov 5 17:08:03 2014 (r45935)
@@ -41,6 +41,12 @@
+ <date>October, 2014</date>
+ <revremark>Remove mention of GNATS which is no longer
+ used by the project.</revremark>
<revremark>Remove mention of CVS and CVSup which are no
@@ -1103,10 +1109,10 @@
- <section xml:id="role-gnats" xreflabel="GNATS Administrator">
- <title>GNATS Administrator</title>
+ <section xml:id="role-bugmeister" xreflabel="Bugmeister">
- The GNATS Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the
+ The Bugmeister is responsible for ensuring that the
maintenance database is in working order, that the entries
are correctly categorised and that there are no invalid entries.
@@ -1116,19 +1122,6 @@
- <section xml:id="role-bugmeister" xreflabel="Bugmeister">
- The Bugmeister is the person in charge of the problem report
- Hat currently held by:
- the Bugmeister Team <email>bugmeister at FreeBSD.org</email>,
<section xml:id="role-donations" xreflabel="Donations Liaison Officer">
<title>Donations Liaison Officer</title>
@@ -1620,7 +1613,7 @@
someone's responsibility are collected on TODO-lists unless someone
volunteers to take the responsibility. All
requests, their distribution and follow-up are
- handled by the <xref linkend="tool-gnats"/> tool.
+ handled by the <xref linkend="tool-bugzilla"/> tool.
@@ -1762,18 +1755,18 @@
- FreeBSD comes with a problem reporting tool called
- <quote>send-pr</quote> that is a part of the GNATS package.
- All users and developers are encouraged to use this tool for
- reporting problems in software they do not maintain. Problems
- include bug reports, feature requests, features that should be enhanced
- and notices of new versions of external software that is included
- in the project.
+ Before &os; 10, &os; included a problem reporting tool called
+ <command>send-pr</command>. Problems include bug reports,
+ feature requests, feature enhancements and notices of new versions
+ of external software that are included in the project.
+ Although <command>send-pr</command> is available, users and developers are encouraged
+ to submit issues using our <link xlink:href="https://bugs.freebsd.org/submit/">
+ problem report form</link>.
Problem reports are sent to an email address where it
- is inserted into the GNATS maintenance database. A
+ is inserted into the Problem Reports maintenance database. A
classifies the problem and sends it to the
correct group or maintainer within the project. After someone
@@ -2061,7 +2054,7 @@
The major support tools for supporting the development process are
- Perforce, GNATS, Mailman and OpenSSH. These are externally
+ Perforce, Bugzilla, Mailman, and OpenSSH. These are externally
developed tools and are commonly used in the open source world.
@@ -2075,17 +2068,17 @@
- <section xml:id="tool-gnats" xreflabel="GNATS">
+ <section xml:id="tool-bugzilla" xreflabel="Bugzilla">
- GNATS is a maintenance database consisting of a set of tools to track bugs at a
+ Bugzilla is a maintenance database consisting of a set of tools to track bugs at a
central site. It supports the bug tracking process for sending
and handling bugs as well as querying and updating the database
and editing bug reports. The project uses one of its many client
interfaces, <quote>send-pr</quote>, to send
<quote>Problem Reports</quote> by email to the
- projects central GNATS server. The committers have also web and
- command-line clients available.
+ projects central Bugzilla server. The committers also have web and
+ command-line clients.
More information about the svn-doc-all