svn commit: r40759 - head/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs/snapshots
eadler at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 27 12:51:03 UTC 2013
Date: Sun Jan 27 12:51:03 2013
New Revision: 40759
Minor word niggles on the snapshot page:
- if something is obvious, don't say it
- use &os;
- people don't really use netnews
- don't discourage bug submissions about documentation
Approved by: bcr (mentor)
--- head/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs/snapshots/index.xml Sun Jan 27 01:45:15 2013 (r40758)
+++ head/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs/snapshots/index.xml Sun Jan 27 12:51:03 2013 (r40759)
@@ -69,7 +69,7 @@
These are <em>not</em> releases, these are <em>snapshots</em>,
and it is important that this distinction be preserved.
Although people can and will, of course, refer to snapshots
- by date in mail or netnews, do not confuse them.</li>
+ by date in email, do not confuse them.</li>
<li>Snapshots might not include package sets, but will generally
include a ports tree.</li>
@@ -78,12 +78,12 @@
For example, <tt>README</tt> may still refer
to a previous release. This is because that is much less important
than getting the real bug fixes and new features out for testing.
- Please do not send a bug report about the documentation.</li>
+ Please do not send a bug report about version numbers.</li>
- <p>Your feedback on these snapshots is, of course, greatly welcome.
+ <p>Your feedback on these snapshots is greatly welcome.
They are not just for our benefit - those who are coming to rely
- on FreeBSD for mission critical applications should welcome
+ on &os; for mission critical applications should welcome
a chance to get at more updated bits in a structured fashion.
You can also use these snapshots as tangible evidence that your
feedback is getting incorporated and that you (hopefully) will not have
More information about the svn-doc-all