User space interface for GPIO interrupts / Status Report Week 5

Christian Krämer uddka at student.kit.edu
Mon Jun 18 15:20:01 UTC 2018

Hi,

over the last week I implemented a handler for the kqueue()/kevent() syscalls and added a counter, that counts the occurred interrupts, to the driver [1]. Furthermore I wrote user space utilities [2] in order to test the kqueue()/kevent() syscalls and to retrieve respectively reset the counter value. I also wrote an utility that outputs a random bit sequence on a specific pin.

During this week I am going to write the second part of the long-term test: An utility that detects the interrupts delivered by the gpiointr driver in user space and evaluates them by replaying the same PRNG as the source. I also start to implement distinction of the single configured pins within a single gpiointr device.

Regards,
Chris

[1] <https://github.com/ckraemer/freebsd/tree/gsoc2018>
[2] <https://github.com/ckraemer/gsoc2018-utils>