Enable FreeBSD/Xen Dom0 Support to FreeBSD EFI Loader [Week 4]

Kristaps Čivkulis kristaps.civkulis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:22:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

Last week I managed to load Xen kernel, pass the needed tags to it and
jump into its entry point successfully. Currently this is the
resulting clean branch of what I have been doing for now: [0]

Currently the problem is that Xen kernel hangs in method [1]. I asked
Xen kernel mailing list about this and will try to figure this out.
When booting Xen kernel bare-metal with GRUB2 it also hangs.

[0] https://github.com/kristapuciitis/freebsd/commits/gsoc2018_first_eval
[1] https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob;f=xen/common/efi/boot.c;h=64d12685d35747d3734c1ad8ac27634e83bcf7db;hb=HEAD#l697