User space interface for GPIO interrupts / Status Report Week 8

Christian Krämer uddka at student.kit.edu
Thu Jul 12 16:54:20 UTC 2018

Hi all,

in the course of last week I implemented pin distinction using per file descriptor configuration. This is one of the two possibilities to implement this feature. The second one (having one character device for each mapped pin) was discarded.

This week I started to investigate the migration of the code into the gpioc driver as suggested by one of my mentors. As advantage there is no more need to maintain redundant data structures. Moreover the already existing functions and flags in libgpio can be used to handle the interrupt functionality. Special attention hereby is needed in order to not break support for any device that do not support INTRNG.

The source code of the driver can be found in my fork of the FreeBSD src tree on GitHub [1]. The utilities for configuration and testing are located in a separate repository [2].

Regards,
Chris

[1] <https://github.com/ckraemer/freebsd/tree/gsoc2018>
[2] <https://github.com/ckraemer/gsoc2018-utils>