Week 8 Update: Benchmarking and Tests improvement

Miles Fertel milesfertel at college.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 24 21:42:01 UTC 2017

Hey Brooks,

As you know, in the last week we've done design review and made
improvements on the Mergesort Test-suite and Benchmarking code. My plan for
this week is to have the Benchmark program and Test revamp checked into
Phabricator early, and then get to work writing the shell driver program
for benchmarking, as well as get back to work on WikiSort debugging. I look
forward to checking in this code to head.

I'd also appreciate if you could recommend what I might do about the style
of WikiSort. I know it's a bit of an undertaking, as it seems to me the
only way to make the code reasonably fit Style(9) would be to break it down
into functions, as the logic results in some statements starting at the 70
column mark.

- Miles