GSoC status: PF testing, week 6

Panagiotes Mousikides paggas1 at yandex.com
Tue Jul 11 12:32:31 UTC 2017

Hello everybody!

Work is going well on writing tests for pf, the FreeBSD network filter.
Here is what has happened since the last update.

We have added more kernel tests, specifically testing fragmentation
reassembly with the 'scrub' pf action.  The IPv4 version of the test
works, but work is still underway for making the IPv6 version work.  The
kernel tests exist in the source tree under 'src/tests/sys/netpfil/pf'.

We have also improved the descriptions of the pfctl tests a bit more,
and also cleaned up integration with the build system a bit more.  There
are still some problems where the tests cannot successfully be installed
under /usr/tests, work is underway to fix that.

Have a look at our previous status updates at the soc-status at freebsd.org
mailing list, as well as our GitHub repository at
https://github.com/paggas/freebsd, where the work is under the 'paggas'
branch.

Best regards,
Panagiotes