Week 10 Update

Miles Fertel milesfertel at college.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 7 12:36:06 UTC 2017

This week I submitted the driver script and mergesort benchmark that uses
ministat to compare the different stdlib sort functions.

As I go forward into the concluding documentation weeks, this is the
current state of the project:
Algorithm:

   - Sorts elements of any size
   - Passes all tests when using O(n) additional memory
   - Memory issue results in fail after 2^21 elements when using O(1)
   additional memory
   - Needs style overhaul before committing

Tests:

   - Style is good
   - Tests for all planned cases and more
   - Design has been reviewed, still waiting for commentary on the random
   element arrays

Bench:

   - C program style is good
   - Need to review driver script design
   - Need to know if there is a FreeBSD python style guide to which I
   should be adhering
   - Need to know if I am utilizing ministat properly

I'd like to make sure I can get as much done as possible done in the next
two weeks, so if you could advise or point me in a good direction for the
Needs and Waitings in the the above, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

In the upcoming week, I will be writing the documentation for the project.
Would you recommend using the
https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2017/Mergesort page or making a
separate blog post?