[GSOC] bhyve port on ARM - weekly status report

Mihai Carabas mihai.carabas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 14:04:00 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

This is my final status report on this years's GSoC. I'm giving it today
because the next week I will be away at a conference in Czech Replubic. In
the last week I did work a little in the distributor emulation on the code
handling the memory accesses, but the code isn't ready for commit. I've
completed the wiki page [1] with the results where I've described every
mechanism implemented in bhyve on ARM. I've also added some instruction on
how to run FreeBSD on FastModels. I will continue my work on finishing the
distributor emulation and using virtual timers for the Guests. I will come
with some e-mails out of GSoC when the work will be ready to run easily on
real-hardware.

Thank you all,
Mihai

[1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2015/PortingBhyveToArm