Weekly Status #1

Kamil Czekirda kczekirda at freebsd.org
Mon May 26 17:42:00 UTC 2014

Hello,

Last week I spent time on work on bsdinstall (module script).
I added support for variables like:

MIRROR (you can use your favorite mirror)
RELDIR (snapshots or release)
RELEASE
HOSTNAME
KEYMAP
DAEMONS
TIMEZONE

So, scripted installation can be modified deeper.

At this moment everyone can boot mfsBSD from network, need only
Internet connection.
You can download and boot computer from *.iso file, dd *.usb file to
your USB key or you can use option "filename" in your dhcp server
(file *.kpxe).

Files what you need are here:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/socsvn/soc2014/kczekirda/pxe-fai-head/tools/

iPXE downloads and runs memdisk from my website and downloads iso from
Martin Matuška website. iPXE can detects your architecture (only amd64
and i386) and downloads right iso file.

Regards,
Kamil Czekirda