Status of work report

Ernest Staszuk erneststaszuk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 06:06:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

There is actual progress of my project:
- Ive done microblaze directory tree with all things (mainly headers
and c/asm sources) necessary to compile basic kernel.
- Made some minor changes in arch independent code to glue everything
together (most of them will be reverted, a few may be needed indeed).
Many changes there touch some irrelevant mechanisms.
- Ive compiled kernel with microblaze target. To full build ldscript
needs to be fitted. Linking objects passes.  Fitting pieces together
into kernel file not yet.

What I am doing now:
- instructions how code can be built for now
- ldscript adjustments
- first attempts in bootstrap field and memory initialization
- of course midterm evaluation

During next week I would like make:
- plam of memory map
- booting (not final version yet. Something which could load and run
code in any way on target)
- locore.S

I am concern about way to include toolchain. I can either add it to
ports tree or contrib in source tree. But there are parts with not
BSD-compliant license (GPLv3). Temporally I prepared a script which
builds a microblaze toolchain.

Regards,
Ernest Staszuk