GSoC Status: Week 12

Matthew Windsor mbw500 at york.ac.uk
Sun Sep 8 22:30:05 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Not much to report this week I'm afraid.  I've added a couple new unit
tests, fixed a regression in the job repository code, now have a test
repository for making functional tests, and there's a test in the SVN
repo for installing and uninstalling the one package in the test repo.

I've realised that GCC doesn't like C99 either, so the "standard" set
is now GNU99.  The code should compile in Clang as C11 (I might try to
make the Makefile set itself to C11 for Clang, but it's probably not
worth it).

I don't see much change in the code now except for squeezing more unit
tests out, improving the code quality and fixing bugs and issues.
Really I'm flirting with the idea of wanting more eyes on the backend
in its current state, partly because it's so close to completion and
partly because I don't have much confidence in my ability to test it
all. =P

Last week now, I think it'll be tests all the way down now.  I don't
think I'll push it with migrating off PackageKit 0.6 this Summer of
Code, let me know what you think with regards to this.

~Matt