Port data compression services and video codecs to Capsicum, Weekl #11

tuchalia tuchalia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 15:03:44 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

It seems that zcaplib (zlib with capabilties) has to change a lot.

After talking with pjd@ of possible better ways to develop zcaplib, as well
as its current design flaws, he realized that I was not using a good design
since I only had a unique sandboxed process doing all the zlib stuff, and
passing "commands" back and forth from the child (worker) process, and the
parent process.

pjd@ then introduced me to pdfork(2). That is, a process that has been
tought just to sandboxing. Than really changes all that I've been doing
with the library.

The library, it will be more quick to port, that's true. The only problem
is starting form the beginning again.

But well, we're here to learn, aren't we?

--
Daniel