IDMS: Weekly status report #11 of 14

Ambarisha B b.ambarisha at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 08:40:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

I finished the job migration part last week.

Whenever a job is preempted, a "preempted" flag is set in the dmjob struct.
The worker that was originally doing the job, checks for this flag just the
same way it checks for client signal flags. If it finds the flag set, it
cleans up the process and exits. The "preempted" flag is also used for
consistent status updates during migration.

According to the schedule, this week is a buffer for job migration. So,
I'll spend time on writing some tests and cleaning up the code.

Thanks
Ambarish