IDMS : Weekly status report #1 of 14

Ambarisha B b.ambarisha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 12:55:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'll working on Intelligent download manager service (dms) for the ports
collection this summer.

This week I've worked on dmclient which will be a replacement to the
"fetch" program. I took the code of fetch(1) and replaced all the calls
into libfetch with my own dm* calls which request the DM service to fetch
the file instead of fetching the files independently. This week I'll finish
the basic DM server and will be able to test the client against it.

My tentative schedule is on the project wiki page at :
https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2013/IntellegentDownloadManager

Cheers
Ambarish