Weekly Status Report, Jul 22, 2013

Chenchong Qin qinchenchong at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 07:40:57 UTC 2013

Hi!

Here is the work status of last week.

I've add some 11n features (i.e. cw40, short-gi, stbc) to net80211 rc
stuffs. I just let the rc algo decide whether to use the 11n features. But
I do provide rc algo with some abilities to know whether particular feature
can be used. Then, rc algo can do rate decisions based on these cap info.

Besides, I use iv_htcaps other than ic_htcaps to decide the 11n features
capabilities. I think iv_htcaps is more relevant to per vap rc operations
and I found iv_htcaps is just a copy of ic_htcaps at first (but some caps
may to be disabled by some vaps). Once the rc algo decides to use one 11n
feature for some rate attemps, it must set corresponding rate flags.

After the rate lookup, I added some logic to make sure that rc code doesn't
mess things up. I blank tries 1, 2, 3 if rts/cts is enabled and it's a
pre-802.11n scenario. Some rate options/flags that the rc algo may not be
interested by now are filled here.

Thanks!

Chenchong