IDMS: Weekly status report #10 of 14

Ambarisha B b.ambarisha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 19:18:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

This week I started implementing job migration. Here's the progress so far:

Whenever a worker finishes a job, it checks if the number of active
connections to that site was MAX_ACTIVE_CONNS. If so, this mirror might not
have been picked for any new downloads because of the cap on active
connections. So, it checks all the active downloads to see if "estimated
remaining time" for a job is more than "estimated total time" with the
current site. If so, it takes up the job.

Cleaning up the data and state of the preempted worker is not complete yet.
I'll work on that this week and do some testing.

Cheers
Ambarish