GSoC Status: Week 10

Matthew Windsor mbw500 at york.ac.uk
Sun Aug 25 21:51:41 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

The query code refactor is now mostly done- it's there, but there are
some bugs to be ironed out (more specifically, Resolve seems to have
broken, so packages currently need to be specified by ID.  I haven't
tested jobs either, which now use some of the same code.

GetDepends and GetRequires are now both in situ.  Quick checks reveal
that they are outputting packages, but the code I cooked up to check
to see if a dependency is in the database seems to be failing as all
of the packages are showing up as "no information available".  I'll
try fixing this tomorrow.

I've had a quick go with ATF/kyua and I think it's a tool I could get
used to.  There are some ATF tests for the query ID parts of the new
query code, and I'd like to get the ball rolling on testing with some
more ATF for the various parts of the code that can be tested in
isolation from the database.  (This is a good incentive to separate
things out into functions more!)

I haven't tried implementing Cancel yet.  I think this might end up
being an if-time-left-at-the-end job.

Finally, the changes to queries have knocked out some of the error and
progress reporting, and I'm currently not certain as to the best way
to reimplement this.  I think I might introduce some new enumerations
for error reporting to replace the current "succeeded?" true/false
return value in places.

~Matt