Re: Mentor of the Project "PCI frontend XEN PV driver"?

Bei Guan gbtju85 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 09:02:22 UTC 2013

Thank you for your reply.

I think it's also a good project for me to write a SCSI or USB PV frontend
for FreeBSD. I'm interest in Xen and have done some development about Xen
PV and HVM, but I didn't do any development on FreeBSD. As to this project,
where should I start? Is there any other similar FreeBSD project I can
refer to?

In order to write a SCSI or USB PV driver, do we need the Xen PV drivers in
FreeBSD, such as event channel, hypercalls, xenbus, and so on? You said the
"drivers can be developed using an HVM guest", can you give me more
information about it?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Gavin