Improve BSD licensed text processing tools

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 19 09:36:03 UTC 2012

On 2012.06.18. 18:58, Jesse Hagewood wrote:
> As for mdocml, I still plan to work on the implementing the macros I have
> already started working on as a secondary focus during the summer. I will
> probably spend a few hours during the weekends trying to complete what I
> started while I work on the diff utilities during the week.
I think it would be better to keep mdocml as a primary focus until the
most necessary features are completed. You have done some research,
which is of course valuable but if someone else tries to work on mdocml,
she still needs to dig into the subject before completing these items so
your time spent on this actually contributes very few. If you do a bit
of each objective of your project, none will actually be finished and
your work will not serve for too much. I believe mdocml is in fact more
difficult than these less important diff options but having mdocml
completed would weigh much more than having touched everything a bit.

Gabor