#13 Status Report - FreeBSD/arm on BeagleBoard-xM

Aleksander Dutkowski aleek at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 22 09:48:27 UTC 2012

Hello!

This is my last mail as GSoC student!

During Summer of Code, I've managed to do most of the tasks:
- port is based on Flattened Device Tree
- boots to multiuser from SD card
- controls its voltage via TWL4030 (TPS65950)
- uses SoC's builtin features:
    * DMA channels
    * gpio
    * Power Reset Clock Managers
    * System Control Module
    * i2c
Now, porting new OMAP3-based (as well as omap3-compatible, like
am3530) devices will be simplier.

I want do stay with FreeBSD project, so the next thing for me to do will be:
- fix the TWL driver - twl is sitting on i2c, I have issue making it
communicate while booting process
- fixing twl will let me finish USB EHCI driver (I need to repower the
USB3320 because it seems to be in bad state)
- make sure the port is working well with both BeagleBoard and BeagleBoard-xM
- write driver for DVI

--
regards
aleek