cpu limits status report

rudo tomori rudotx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 16:05:36 UTC 2012

Hi,
the goal of my gsoc project is to enable the system administrators to
configure %CPU limits using the rctl command. So that they can for
example limit a particular user to 50% cpu time.

Last week I implemented a new way to calculate %cpu usage for
short-lived processes or early stages of longer processes. Basicly, I
divide process cpu time by the process wall clock time.

This week I am working on a mechanism that decays %cpu usage of
terminated processes. This is slightly different than my previous
approach, where I simply removed the %cpu from the respective racct
containers when the process terminated.

rudo