[Status Report - Week 10] Automated Kernel Crash Reporting System

Tzanetos Balitsaris tzabal at it.teithe.gr
Wed Aug 1 22:11:21 UTC 2012

Work done this week:

* Study Python's object-oriented support and redesign
/usr/sbin/crashreportd in an object-oriented way (CrashReport and
CrashData classes).

* The Store phase has been completed. The three phases (receive, check
and store) have been tested and debugged for basic cases.

* Updates regarding the installation guide and the database schema.

* Research on how to use Python on the Web. Check the web application
frameworks that exist for Python and after messing with the Django web
application framework, decide to go with it. This has been done to
prepare for the construction of the dynamic website.

* Started to reviewing the PHP code that I have produced for
recognizing same reports and implement it in Python.

Now I am working on cleaning up a bit the code of crashreportd,
especially divide it in several modules and start working on how to
recognize if a report that arrives in the system refers to a
previously logged bug.

--
Tzanetos Balitsaris