regex status report #5

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at kovesdan.org
Sun Jun 26 17:13:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

this week I sent an early test patch to current@ to evaluate whether the
performance and the POSIX-compliance are satisfying. Of course, I did my
own tests but it's important to let the public check it. Let's see if I
got some response.

Apart from this, I progressed with the optimization. Now I see more
clearly how I can integrate my ideas into TRE. As a first step, I
grabbed BSD grep's optimization but it was very specific to grep so I
made it very general to handle hopefully all the necessary cases. I also
adopted it to TRE's convention so that I have a better chance to get it
accepted upstream. For now, I was just thinking and coding but made no
tests and that's why I haven't checked this code in because I want to
keep my branch stable. It will happen soon, though.

In general, I'm a bit behind the schedule at the moment but I think now
I'm on the good track at least with this part.

Gabor