Weekly status report (27th May)

Takuya ASADA syuu at dokukino.com
Thu Jun 2 18:22:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

>> I see the test case isn't written yet, so
>> how are you testing these changes?
>
> I modified libpcap/tcpdump just for the test - it can take extra
> argument for filtering queues.
> I'll send more detail of it when I get to home.

I added three arguments on tcpdump, 'Q' for receive queue mask, 'g'
for transmit queue mask, 'V' for other packets.
tcpdump takes these args, tell mask params to (modified) libpcap.
libpcap calls new ioctls which set queue mask on bpf descriptor.

Example usage is something like this:
tcpdump -Q 2  # only shows receive queue 2
tcpdump -g 3   # only shows transmit queue 3

Note that, current implementation only works on igb(4).
On other devices, if_rxq_num/if_txq_num and
m->m_pkthdr.rxqid/m->m_pkthdr.txqid may left uninitialized value, it
may causes unexpected behavior on multiqueue bpf.