[Status Update] Capsicum adaptation project: Week 9

Ilya Bakulin webmaster at kibab.com
Tue Jul 26 20:47:10 UTC 2011

Hi,
this is the seventh status update for Capsicum adaptation project.
Last week I haven't done much progress, that's why there was no report.

By now, I have modified lightweight resolver library to work well with
sandboxed applications.
For example, tcpdump now shows host names correctly when sandboxed.
To use this functionality, an application must call new function
"lwres_globsocket_init()" somewhere before cap_enter().

lwres changes are in socsvn now.
Modified tcpdmp code hasn't been committed yet, though.

--
Regards,
Ilya Bakulin