[nvi-iconv]Weekly status report 10

Zhihao Yuan lichray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 04:41:31 UTC 2011

To whom may concerned:

During the past week, I added the file encoding detection supports to
the new nvi. Currently, the detection reads the first line in a file,
and works based on 3 assumptions:

1. The user edits the file in his/her language;
2. Only distinguish UTF-16 and UTF-8 (others will fallback to locale);
3. UTF-16 must begin with BOM.

I want to remove the first and the third assumption. This can be done
by importing `file(1)`'s unicode test code.

An infinite call bug cased by the new :vsplit is detected and not resolved yet.

--
Zhihao Yuan, nickname lichray