regex status report #9

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 24 21:37:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

there is an issue in the fixed string matching code that I could not
track down yet so I started reviewing the code in depth and in turn, I
fixed and reworked some parts and I think the code is much cleaner now.
I got some new ideas how to simplify my code. I will continue reviewing
and improving the code and hopefully I'll find soon the bug that is not
fixed yet.

Apart from the code, I've been working on my regression test suite and I
added tests for EREs. I've also extended the test suite to support
locales other than C to be able to test MBS input with
collation-specific test cases. I'll add more test cases for different
locales.

Gabor