[fuse] Status report #7

Ilya Putsikau iputsikau at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 09:33:10 UTC 2011

Project: Finish porting fuse

Fuse can now pass fsx tests and no longer freezes with blogbench.
Actually blogbench didn't freeze before, it performed a lot of reads
at very big offsets. After fixing io in fuse I no longer see such
behavior in blogbench.

Known issues:

1. It may panic if application killed while operations in progress. It
could panic before but recent changes made error easier to trigger

2. Expect much lower io performance. Additional setattr or getattr
operation is now called for almost every write, io buffer size was
decreased to page size, data cache is invalidated when last file
closed. I'll try to improve it next week.