[nvi-iconv]Weekly status report 12

Zhihao Yuan lichray at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:29:55 UTC 2011

To whom may concerned:

I've done my finals at summer school one week ago, so this is a report
for about 6 week days.

The file encoding detection is considered stable. It's borrowed from
file(1) and it can correctly recognized the latest UTF-8, UTF-16BE,
UTF-16LE standard without touching the file status.

UTF-16 is well supported, though it's not compatible with ASCII and
does not match nvi's line separator assumption.

The remained bug on :vsplit is fixed. An unexpected behavior caused by
encoding detection (the detected encoding is inherited by the next
screen) is diluted.

I also finished an internship paper, which is required by my school,
during the weekend. I'll post some contents and images on the FreeBSD
wiki latter.

--
Zhihao Yuan, nickname lichray