regex status report #12

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 15 00:46:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

during the week I cleaned up the fast matching algorithm and added some
comments. I also noticed that support for some flags were missing. I
also started working on the heuristic matching but I only wrote some
lines for the parser that creates the heuristic and it's not complete
yet so I haven't checked it in.

In the meantime, some bugs were discovered in BSD grep, one of them is
related to the shortcuts, the previous version of the code I have been
working on. So I decided that I'll backport this version that I made for
TRE. In this way, BSD grep will have early access to this code and
provide a better performance. Another advantage is that BSD grep users
can test this piece of code.

Gabor