[status report] RPS/RFS #week11

Kazuya Goda gockzy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:02:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

The project goal is to implement RPS/RFS on FreeBSD. RPS solves the problem of
mono-queue NIC which can't distribute packets across multiple
processors. RFS is
the extension of RPS, which deliver packets to the CPU where
application running.

This week, I couldn't developed.

I used laboratory PC for development but I can't step inside university.
Because of mega earthquake in March, electric power not be sufficient at Japan.
So we must save on electricity, and university is closed down in
response to a request from the government.
Next week, university will open up.

--Kazuya Goda