namecache status report #4

Gleb Kurtsou gleb.kurtsou at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 21:54:50 UTC 2010

Last week I've replaced cache entry reference counting with hold and use
counting. So it's now possible to free individual unused entries, but not
only entire directories at once. Because of locking protocol, ie
necessity of locking child entry while holding parent lock, entries are
not immediately freed but placed on 'invalid' list. Household thread is to
free invalid entries and keep number of unused entries at desired level.

I've also fixed number of reference counting and locking bugs, fixed
memory leak on unmount, implemented per cpu statistics.

Thanks,
Gleb.