Collective resource limits status report #8

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 25 08:40:57 UTC 2010

Since last report I could get JLIMIT_NUMPROC work and also tested and
reviewed thoroughly. I've added some test cases to the test suite,
refactored it and added options to set all kinds of limits that are to
be implemented for jobs. Also added options to consume different kinds
of resources, although this part is still to be completed. I started
working on further limits and noticed that some of them cannot be
counted so easily because of the way they are implemented. Probably,
they will have to be sumed up for each process when checking limits.
I'll check if there's a more efficient way of doing this but for now I
had to modify some parts of my code and I managed to break it again. :)
I've added support for JLIMIT_NOFILE and started to add JLIMIT_DATA but
the code doesn't work at the moment. I will be fixing this next week and
then adding support for remaining limits.

Latest code is merged to //depot/projects/soc2010/gabor_jobs/irix_jobs/...

Gabor