[libpkg] - report #7

David Forsythe dforsyth at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 16 15:47:44 UTC 2010

I got a bit side tracked this week with some personal things, so I
didn't get as much done as I'd like.

This week I added code to the library that gives client applications
scripts paths.  In the end, I'm not sure if this is how I'll make
clients aware of scripts, but I needed something in place so that I
could build a pkg_delete tool.  I spent the rest of my time this week
building that pkg_delete tool.  Both pkg_delete and pkg_info are a bit
chunky right now because (I'm a bit lazy) I'm not sharing code between
them and I'm reading all information for all packages from the package
database instead of skipping meta files that I don't need.  Even so,
building these simple tools is giving me a lot of confidence in the
read portions of the API, and I plan to add at least the property list
dumping callbacks for FreeBSD packages in the next few days.