Yeeloong port is functional

Jayachandran C. c.jayachandran at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 05:18:05 UTC 2010

2010/8/15 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <phcoder at gmail.com>:
> Hello, all. Despite the hardware-inflicted setbacks (my yeeloong fried
> right before the mid-term), Yeeloong port is now functional. Both serial
> and local (keyboard + screen) work. Real Time Clock is working. Internet
> is working. USB controller on PCI is working. Userspace is working.
>
> Remaining issues:
> 1) Disabled cache. The reason are peculiar properties of L2 cache. I
> actualy have the code to fix it but I'm not sure to hit GSoC deadline
> about it.
> 2) Only 256 MiB of RAM are supported. Should be easy to fix once 64-bit
> parts are in.

The 32bit kernel should support up to 4GB physical memory (we use
32bit physical address). More than 4GB is not still supported in 64
bit either.  I am working on adding 64-bit page table entries, which
will add this part.  The only advantage on 64bit now is that we use
XKPHYS to access memory above 512MB.

> 3) No Geode support. So no IDE, 2 of 3 USB ports or audio. These
> components are actualy pretty standard, one has only to add support for
> MSRs.
> 4) No power management. Wasn't planned to have it implemented during GSoC.
>
> Not tested:
> 1) Touchpad. Never connected to my laptop during developpement because
> to use it one has to close front lid and so cut from serial connector
>
> 3rd party developpements  which will improve Yeeloong support:
> 1) X.org support. The required card is already supported in latest
> x.org. So it's a question of importing last X.org and testing it.
> 2) 64-bit developpement. Currently if I compile 64-bit kernel it
> contains only 64-bit imgact. Imposing only 64-bit binaries is suboptimal.

Let me know if you find significant performance problems in the 64 bit
code.  I still haven't really tested the 64bit, so any reports will be
useful

JC.